In the middle of unspoiled nature you can visit many places of historic and artistic interest:
the Cistercian ABBEY OF SAN GALGANO with its Gothic Cathedral of the 13th century (km. 20)
MASSA MARITTIMA (km. 25) is an unforgettable place:
Saint Cerbone’s Cathedral, in Romanesque style, is its symbol; the Siennese Fortress and the Chandelier Tower, linked together by an arc are a splendid example of medieval architecture; St. Augustine’s Church and much more to see…
ROCCA SILLANA (km. 30) is a majestic fortress in the valley of devil
MONTEMASSI'S CASTLE (km. 30)
MONTERIGGIONI (km. 35), an ancient village surrounded by walls and towers
GOLFO DI FOLLONICA (km. 45)
SIENA, SAN GIMIGNANO e VOLTERRA (km. 40-45)
Activities in the nature, near Colli di Travale and Prati di Travale for adults and children:
- at Montieri, there are two horse-riding centre, it’s possible to reserve private lessons and go on horseback along the trails into the woods;
- above Montieri, about 800 mt., there is the public park "Il Piano" realized in an age-old chestnut wood, with tables and barbecue, fitness trail for adults and children;
- in summertime Montieri’s Tourist Office organizes excursions, like the visit to the ancient silver mines of Poggio Mutti and the visit to the Roste, red spires produced by minerals working;
- going for a swim in little torrents;
- daily excursions in quad;
- trekking along many way marked trail in the country.
GEOTHERMAL PARK LE BIANCANE (km. 25) near Monterotondo Marittimo. The particularity of this park are the extraordinary vapor emissions; the landscape is surrounded by boiling mud, steam, white springs that can reach 40°, which come directly from the center of the earth. It is also suitable for lovers of trekking, there are meny pathways, you can see the coast from Piombino to Punta Ala.
THE SOUND GARDEN OF PAUL FUCHS (km. 20), an artistic experience in the middle of the countryside. It's a work in progress since 1996. It is a private garden, where art and nature enter into a relationship of close permeation and great harmony. Walking around the unspoiled wood you meet the works of Paul Fuchs: sound sculptures made of iron, bronze, stone and wood.
Some important appointments in the area are: the spring festival, medieval exibitions and sales of products such as prugnoli and porcini mushrooms, wild boar and chestnuts, two livestock fairs at Massa Marittima on 1 September and at Travale on the 3 weekend of September.
- Our Farm
- How to come to us